Legal Writing Associate
We are looking for a writer to research and write content for our clients’ consumer facing websites. The material produced typically takes the form of practice area pages and blog posts to help the general public understand basic legal concepts, legal issues, and popularly searched queries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for writing, are self-organized, and creative in the sense that they can put themselves in the potential clients’ POV in order to provide original, useful and clear content that satisfies the website visitors’ intent.
This position requires excellent writing skills and a high degree of organization. Interaction with the content strategy team should be expected in order to clarify facts and details for writing assignments.
Only individuals with a legal background will be considered.
Majux is one of the leading digital agencies for the legal industry in the United States. We’re a team of tech-forward problem solvers that focus solely on strategies that drive revenue for our clients.
We prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible working hours, a flexible nomad work policy, comprehensive time-off and an open-door policy for employee feedback. We strive to create an environment that allows employees to leave work at the office and have a fulfilling life outside of work. Our team members are our most valuable assets, and we believe in creating a culture where they can thrive both personally and professionally.
- Starting from $45k; commensurate with experience
- Covered Health Insurance
- Covered Dental Insurance
- Covered Vision Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Remote Work Up to ⅓ of the Year
- Remote Work Fridays All Year
- Research and write blog posts, practice area pages, and web copy
- Conduct light legal research and accurately summarizing statutes, laws, cases, and related legal information
- All content must be original and of interest to consumer (potential client) audiences
- Work in collaboration with an editorial, content manager and SEO teams
- Keep up-to-date with developments within client practice areas and geographies
- Staying on an editorial schedule in an organized and autonomous manner
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to stick to a group editorial schedule
- Familiarity with light legal research and vetting sources
- JD or some legal practice
- Web writing
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, as well as salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this is a full-time position. Majux is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters, please.