Legal Writing Associate
We are looking for a writer to research and write content for our clients’ consumer facing websites. The material produced typically takes the form of practice area pages and blog posts to help the general public understand basic legal concepts, legal issues, and news. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for writing, are self-organized, and creative in the sense that they can put themselves in the potential clients’ POV in order to provide original, useful and clear content that satisfies the website visitors’ intent.
This position requires excellent writing skills and a high degree of professionalism. Interaction with the content strategy team should be expected in order to clarify facts and details for writing assignments.
Only individuals with a legal background will be considered.
- Curate and publish blog posts, practice area pages, web copy
- Write original legal blog content of interest to consumer (potential client) audiences, under the direction of an editor and team lead
- Keep up-to-date on trends within client industries
- Conduct light legal research and accurately summarizing statutes, laws, cases, news stories, and related legal information
- Staying on an editorial schedule in an organized and autonomous manner
- Able to create and stick to a group editorial schedule
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with research
- JD or some legal practice
- Web writing
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, as well as salary requirements to [email protected] Note that this is a full-time, in-house position.
Talk to the marketing company that makes your phones ring.