Onsite SEO Associate
We do not use templates for WordPress sites, so candidates should possess some level of comfort editing PHP files and performing search/replace functions in a database.
You will become part of a talented team with members who are both adept and diagnosing/correcting issues and getting our hands dirty to move the needle for our clients.
Some Organizational Perks:
- This is a ‘back-of-house’ position, so you will not be expected or required to interact with clients, only our in-house team
- This position is not responsible for publishing new content or performing off-site SEO tasks (we have other team members for that)
- You will have access to the dev team to implement certain onsite elements that require ‘heavy-lifting’
- You will also have access to a shared entry-level SEO associate under you, whom you can assign certain tasks to
Please note that this position is based in our Philadelphia office, although we offer a hybrid in-office/WFH schedule. Applicants should be able to be present in the Philadelphia office from Monday-Thursday from September – May.
- Implementing specific tasks related to onsite SEO optimization within WordPress websites
- Work with our strategy and dev teams to develop and develop comprehensive onsite SEO strategies for our clients
- Collaborate with the strategy and content team to identify resources that need to be rewritten or beefed up and occasionally writing EAT outlines for high-value pieces of content
- Performing competitor research in relation to aspect of onsite and on-page SEO
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in onsite SEO and content optimization
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in onsite SEO strategy and implementation, specifically in WordPress (agency experience is a plus, but not required)
- The perfect candidate is organized, curious, and able to self-prioritize tasks by importance
- Strong understanding of on-page content optimization techniques, as well as the ability to implement them
- Understanding of keyword research and how keywords and anchor text fit into the larger onsite visibility strategy
- Understanding of how to write and implement Schema/structured data
- Experience using and correcting issues in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, Lighthouse, Core Web Vitals, and Google Dev tools
- Proficient in using SEO tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, and other tools (bonus Power BI)
- The ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and translate it into actionable insights
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus opportunities
- Generous health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible daily schedule
- We never ask people to work nights, weekends, or holidays
- Remote work up to ⅓ of the year
- Remote work Fridays all year
- Summer schedule from Memorial Day to Labor Day
Majux is one of the leading digital agencies for the legal industry in the United States. We’re a team of tech-forward problem solvers that focus solely on strategies that drive revenue for our clients. We are both a strategy and a fulfillment house. That means that we use data to guide the digital strategy for our clients and are also the ones implementing all of the onsite and offsite work to help generate revenue for our clients. We do not outsource work product for our clients.
We prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible working hours, a flexible nomad work policy, comprehensive time off, and an open-door policy for employee feedback. We strive to create an environment that allows employees to leave work at the office and have a fulfilling life outside of work. Our team members are our most valuable assets, and we believe in creating a culture where they can thrive both personally and professionally.
To apply, submit your resume as well as salary requirements to email@example.com.
Note that this is a full-time position. Majux is an equal-opportunity employer. No recruiters, please.