Development + UX Project Manager
Majux is a growing digital solutions and web development agency located in Center City. We have a team that is talented and proven in their respective roles across some of the most competitive industries on the web.
We’re looking for a Website Development and UX Project Manager who can work with our existing design and dev teams and help us manage our dev workflow from start-to-finish; keeping projects on deadline. This position will oversee the daily workflow of both new website development projects as well as making improvements to existing/ongoing client sites.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in or is experienced in front-end website development and/or UX optimization and is looking to transition into a project-management role. Essentially someone who can talk the talk and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in a dev project if needed.
- Be involved in project kickoff and strategy sessions with Senior Management in order to clearly understand project needs, strategy, expectations, and timeline
- Take project objectives and client input and organize/assign tasks for the design of wireframes, sitemaps, CTA’s and ultimately page designs
- Manage copywriting requirements and timelines for projects
- Keep projects on timelines by monitoring progress and following up with team members on specific design and development tasks
- Take client and internal feedback during each revision round, organize it, and assign to internal team members
- Work with design, development, content, and marketing teams to ensure a smooth workflow and high quality of all project deliverables
- Provide ongoing recommendations for site updates, improvements and UX improvements
- Sometimes working with dev team members to get projects completed on time
- Regularly update internal management with status reports on open projects
- Identify and manage scope creep
Required Technical Abilities:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, etc.
- Project Management Software (Trello, Basecamp, etc.)
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills (the ability to manage several projects at once)
- Attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of web practices & standards
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent internal and external communications skills
- The ability to both keep a project on a timeline and complete a project on a deadline
- The ability to take client feedback, organize it, and assign specific development or design tasks to team members
- The ability to take client feedback and come back to client with suggestions of alternative/better ways of completing the request
- A strong understanding of customer/user-focused design and functionality for eCommerce websites
- An ability to debug websites and thoroughly test for issues/bugs
- An ability to anticipate issues, identify future choke points, and work ahead of time to alleviate potential issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ Years Experience as either a Developer or Project Manager for Developers
- Agency experience is preferred but not required
- Mentoring and team-building skills
- The ability to improve work flow and team-member efficiency by directing, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching members of the dev team
- The ability to independently identify work process improvements
- Experience working with large sites and high profile clients
- Experience using Github
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, as well as salary requirements to [email protected]
Note that this is a full-time, in-house position. No recruiters or freelancers please.