For this week’s article – I asked some of our clients who are attorneys one question – if they were to look back, over the last five years, what have been three keys to your success which were not related to online marketing?
Lawyer #1 is a partner in a medium-sized firm’s family law and divorce practice group:
- BE ACCESSIBLE – Clients like to know that you are available for them whenever they need you (within reason and depending on the client sometimes not). When a client is reaching out to you, the client does not want an answer the next day.
- BE A GREAT LISTENER – We all have the tools to be great lawyers but it is vital that you LISTEN and HEAR what the client is saying. It’s not your case, it’s your client’s.
- CREATE A BRAND – Strive to become the “go-to” lawyer in your niche. You want clients of yours to speak to other potential clients and tell them “She/he is the best in the business.”
Lawyer #2 is an up-and-coming star within his firm’s labor and employment group:
- SET REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS – I set realistic expectations for my clients and I work to exceed those expectations.
- BE TIMELY – I call people back timely, and I work to provide my clients with relevant information before they feel the need to ask for a status update.
- GIVE QUALITY – I produce quality work and pay attention to details.